The concept of "Cohousing" has never been more current, especially at the present juncture, since cooperation and solidarity are the lifeblood of this way of life. The "centrality" factor contributes to making this paradisiacal location the ideal option for a Cohousing project or for an Eco-Resort . These and other projects are possible thanks to its privileged location, open views and wide green areas.
A feasibility study was developed for that space, respecting the constraints of the PDMC (Coimbra Municipal Master Plan). The study points to the division of the Quinta's soil into 3 types of areas: residential, forest and agricultural, namely :
- Residential Area (10,352 m²) 5,000 m² for residential use, where commerce and services, equipment for collective use, tourist developments, recreational and leisure facilities and restaurants and beverages can be built. An additional 1,200 m² can be used for complementary uses, namely for streets, parking lots, sports and other equipment, public places, etc.
Residential building projects may include a maximum of 3 floors of building, with the implantation areas being: for 1 floor - 5,000 m², for 2 floors - 2,500 m² and for 3 floors 1,666 m²;
- Forest Area (33,500 m²) and
- Agricultural Area (12.646 m²), where various types of buildings can be built, provided that the total cumulative construction area does not exceed 10% of the forest and agricultural area (4,600 m² in total):
- a single-family housing property (up to 300 m² and up to 2 floors);
- a 3 to 5 star hotel unit with up to 185 beds (eco resort, rural tourism, camping and caravanning, etc.) for a total of 13.844 m² of gross construction area;
- buildings designed to support agricultural, livestock and / or forestry activities, with a maximum gross construction area equal to 10% of the total area (maximum 7m high);
- recreational and leisure facilities , with a maximum of 1 floor:
- Industrial establishments linked to the food, beverages and wood and cork articles, used in the extractive activity, not exceeding a floor area of 2,000 m² and a building height of 10m;
- Constructions linked to activities that contribute to reinforce the economic base and the promotion of employment in rural soil, provided that they do not exceed 2,300 m² of ABC, floor area of 1.000 m² and a height of 10m;
- Equipment for collective use, as long as they do not exceed 2 floors and 500 m² floor area, in addition to other possible outdoor sports facilities.
The Quinta's location is unique: it is only 2.6 km from the Mondego River and 11 minutes from the University of Coimbra, being simultaneously in the countryside but two steps away from the city.
The area is part of the SMTUC (Coimbra's Municipal Transport Services) network. The Municipal Bissaya Barreto Aerodrome is 7 Kms away, constituting the main civil aeronautical infrastructure between Lisbon and Oporto.
Due to the expansion of the city of Coimbra this region is today part of that same city. With its recent urbanization and luxury villas, this area is even nicknamed Portuguese Beverly Hills.
Come see it!
- Good sun exposure
- Far from the city
- Water well
- River view
- Country view