Keller Williams, who are we?
KW was founded in 1983 by Gary Keller and Joe Williams and is currently active in 5 continents, with more than 184,000 employees , spread over more than 1,060 Market Centers. It is the brand with the largest number of real estate consultants in North America and in Portugal it rose to the 3rd position in the national ranking, in just 5 years (more than 1,870 real estate consultants).
The existence of a corporate culture of its own, actively promoted in local and national retreats (eg Family Reunion), where the Keller Williams vision is discussed and where the experiences of consultants from around the world are shared, has a strong impact in brand activity.
Keller Williams in numbers
KW is not just about gains, systems or strategies, although the numbers associated with its growth are impressive:
KW's figures are a good example of its spectacular growth:
- KW is the franchise brand in the real estate industry with the largest number of consultants worldwide ! At the end of the 2nd quarter of 2020, Keller Williams had a total of 184,000 associates worldwide;
- Keller Williams reached € 300 billion in sales volume in 2019 (6.1% more than in 2018);
- 99% of franchisees (called Market Centers) made profits;
- In 2020, KW continued to grow outside the North American continent (+ 230 Market Centers ) and already operates in 50 regions, on 5 continents, totaling 10,000 real estate consultants.In addition to Portugal, KW is active in Argentina; Aruba; Belgium; Belize; Bermuda; Cambodia; Canada; Chile; Colombia; Costa Rica; Cyprus; Czech Republic; Dominican Republic; Dubai; United Arab Emirates; United States of America; France; Greater Shanghai; China; Greece; Honduras; Indonesia; Ireland; Israel; Italy; Jamaica; Japan; Luxembourg; Malaysia; Mexico; Monaco; Morocco; Nicaragua; Cyprus; Panama; Paraguay; Peru; Philippines; Poland; Portugal; Puerto Rico; Romania; Serbia; Slovenia; South Africa; Spain; Thailand; Trinidad and Tobago; Peru; Turks and Caicos; United Kingdom; Uruguay and Vietnam.
Values and Mission
For Keller Williams, the business has to be subordinated to a scale of values. In other words, working at KW has an impact on our lives that justifies a different organizational culture. To help cement this vision, KW summarizes the main lines of action through the W14C2TS system:
- Win-Win : or there is no agreement. Keller Williams' objectives are to get involved in the sale of real estate, not limiting the benefit to just one party, but to everyone involved in the transaction. As we say in good Portuguese: "a deal is only good if both parties win".
- Integrity : doing what is right. As a real estate consultant, I am in this activity to help anyone who uses my services, the only way to do it without compromising my career is by acting in an honest and integral way in all transactions where I am involved.
- Commitment : valid for everything. When I propose to sell a property, my client knows that my commitment is to the end, I do not look for ways to reach that end. And that is why the business at Keller Williams builds lasting relationships.
- Communication : always try to understand the other side. The world is bigger than one person's vision.Communicating and understanding my clients' goals and desires contributes to achieving the desired success.
- Creativity : first ideas, then results. Why follow old and outdated business models when there are new, innovative and proven ones that work? In my activity I bet on new or original ideas that help me achieve success.
- Customers : always come first. This is not a "property or capital accumulation" business. The real estate sector is definitely a business that moves people and lives on people.
- Trust : starts with honesty. There is not enough space in the world for lies. Honesty will face any storm. This is a fundamental philosophy that accompanies me in each and every part of my life.
- Teamwork : together we do more. When we join Keller Williams, there is no need to walk alone.There are many people who can help us throughout the journey, "brokers", "team leaders", "colleagues" ... together we make a great team!
- Success : it is achieved through the importance given to "people". They are the people who in our lives and in companies contribute to our success. To achieve excellence, we have to surround ourselves with the best, and that is exactly what awaits us at Keller Williams.
Keller Williams' activity focuses on real estate brokerage services, relying on the high professionalism of its consultants, who are aggregated in large Market Centers in order to optimize and maximize the support and training that is dedicated to them. Although the residential market is the main focus of its consultants, the commercial and industrial areas are also part of the mediation activity that KW Portugal develops throughout the country.
But today, KW has taken the leap to become a technological company that invests like no other in technology, aiming to contribute to making a difference in its consultants and providing a better service to its customers by improving their productivity.
Keller Williams works on an exclusive basis and contrary to what is often thought, this is one of the reasons for its success. Only through a strong and personalized investment in each property by our associates is it possible to make a difference. If in doubt, read my article about exclusivity and its advantages.
Working at KW
Being one of the fastest growing real estate brands in the world, it is not difficult to see why when we look at the remuneration policy and the support that Market Centers dedicate to their associates. At KW, the consultant benefits from the highest commissions paid in the real estate business , from a reward program for the growth of the brand ( Growth Shared Initiative ), from training support, legal support , one of the most awarded technological development programs, in order to facilitate their work and improving their productivity, but above all: a professional environment that encourages relations between consultants, with the society in which they operate and respect for each other's family life .
Keller Williams was one of the first companies to change the real estate industry paradigm, focusing its activity on the consultant instead of the corporate network that supports it, as was traditional until the emergence of KW. This was a decisive change to attract the best professionals in the industry and those who have the best skills to exercise this activity.
For KW, each consultant is an entrepreneur who manages his portfolio of properties and his professional activity as if it were a company , but where the support of the brand is felt at all times in his career. KW's models and systems are designed to allow the sustained growth of your career, from the first stage as a consultant, until the moment when your growth may require growth for the team model.
If you are in this spirit and are not afraid to face a challenge that can change your life, learn more about the career change that changed my life and that of more than 184,000 colleagues around the world!
See my page: ana-macao-kw.pt/en/working-at-kw-keller-williams