When it comes to energy, we all know that you should turn off the lights when you don't need them, or avoid using appliances that spend a lot, such as air conditioning or heating systems.
Of course, these are still useful suggestions for saving energy, but we do not always remember them and sometimes they pass us by completely. Did you know that you can improve the energy efficiency of your home, coupled with technology and still save money?
Automating the home is a trend that has been gaining more and more fans, being one of the best solutions for those looking for comfort, safety, but at the same time want a more efficient use of the energy consumed, and thus reduce the energy bill.
As you can see, all these reasons are a good justification for taking advantage of the advantages of home automation and living in a smart home,
What is a smart home?
Smart houses are those in which we are able to control electrical installations, security, gas, or even water consumption, using an electronic device, such as a smartphone, computer or tablet, provided that you have an internet connection. If you want, you can test the quality and speed of your internet here.
By automating your home with a home automation system, you can adjust it to your needs, thereby reducing energy waste.
The main advantages of a smart home and the points to consider in its implementation are:
- Lighting: Allows your home's lighting system to adapt to your consumption profile. Lighting has a big impact on your comfort and well-being. Through the combination of different types of LED light, it is possible to create environments suitable for each space, with low consumption and integrated into the set of functionalities of the installation.
- Sun protection elements: The automation of blinds and other sun protection elements, such as awnings or curtains, is essential, as their more efficient control allows to provide shade, promoting energy efficiency, in addition to increasing security and privacy of your home.
- Climatization: When climate control is automatic, the systems work to maintain the correct temperature at any time of the day. In this way, you do not need to adjust the air conditioning values or be concerned about air quality or humidity.
- Security: During the night, while everyone is asleep, the system watches over everything to work correctly. Monitors when someone tries to enter your home without authorization, detects if water leaks or releases smoke, etc. Before any unexpected incidents occur, the system reacts by alerting residents and preventing greater damage.
- Access: Recognizes and talks to whoever rings your doorbell, or from anywhere via Smartphone, integrating different levels of access.
- Energy efficiency: Take advantage of solar energy, eliminate energy waste, generate renewable energy and charge, for example, the electric car at zero cost.
Home automation represents a step forward in the technological innovation of your home, allowing you to obtain higher performance from interconnected systems, demonstrating that home automation and energy efficiency go hand in hand in the smart buildings of the future. Do not live in the past and adhere to an increasingly present reality.